Sunday, August 23, 2009

Unpacking

We arrived in South Carolina under the cover of darkness...a blessing since I didn't want to overwhelm my parents with the obscene amount of luggage we had packed. I figured we could bring boxes in a few at a time so it wouldn't look like we were actually planning on staying for four years. It would give them some semblance of hope!! I was also counting on the fact that the last time my father had trekked upstairs was in 1985 when my younger sister graduated from college. Hopefully, they would never see the pile of boxes, mounds of clothing, and small army of shoes that were getting ready to overtake the upstairs bedrooms. We could quietly creep upstairs to our lair, while the downstairs of the house would remain virtually unchanged. They'd never even know we were here....right.

No comments:

Post a Comment