Friday, June 18, 2010

Isle of Palms

The sound of the waves as they roll on the shore
The warm southern breeze as it spills through the door
Chairs on the porch 'neath a tall palm tree
The taste and the smell of the salt and the sea.
Here is the place where my heart calms down
And the world seems to slow as it spins round and round...

A crescent moon shines it's light on the sand
As fiddlers dig down with their one little hand
Into holes they all hide as we walk in the night
Down the slow sleepy beach by the moon's soft light.
Here is the place where my heart calms down
And the world seems to slow as it spins round and round....

Another day dawns and the sun shines high
In the orb of a cloudless cerulean sky
Perched in the sand as waves kiss my feet
Watching pelicans dive to find something to eat.
Here is the place where my heart calms down
And the world seems to slow as it spins round and round....

The isle and the palms and the sand and the sea
are a sliver of life that beckons to me
to come and to spill like the waves on the sand
all the worries and cares that we can't understand.
Leave them all here where my heart calms down
As the world seems to slow as it spins round and round....


Take me back home to that sweet southern strand
When my body no longer breathes in this land
And lay me down deep 'neath a tall palm tree
And let me sleep there by the waves and the sea.
There in that place where my heart calmed down
And my soul will smile watching the world spin around.

No comments:

Post a Comment